Monday, March 13, 2017

Conceal Don't Feel

"until you get comfortable with being alone, you'll never know if you're choosing someone out of Love or loneliness."

-Mandy Hale

     Going through any degree of a break up is just hard. Trying to be happy during this break up process and the recovery after is even more difficult. The reason I say that is because for a certain amount of time, that person was a key ingredient in you being happy. Now that that person isn't there anymore, it's like making chocolate chip cookies without the chocolate chips. The sweetness has been diminished. Now you're just looking for anything to take the place of your chocolate chips in your cookie dough, to regain that sweetness that once was there. The only problem is that a lot of the times after a break up people try and fill that empty space with a rebound relationship. Most often these rebound relationships don't end well, and you might end up walking away from it in worse shape than you were before. That's not what a relationship should be about. A relationship isn't something to fill a hole or a void, it's something to augment and enhance. So what do you do?
     This is sort of the point where I'm at right now. I want to regain that sweetness that I had in my life but there's a catch. I don't feel like it's for the right reasons. I feel as if the reason behind me returning to dating would be because I feel lonely. This being said, makes me think that whatever I find in dating would just be a rebound relationship. Now I know that's not necessarily true, but my mind jumps places.  So before I return to the serious dating world I need to find comfort and happiness in solitude. This doesn't mean that I shouldn't go on dates, it just means that I need to make sure that the purpose for me going on this date is to go have fun and meet new people.
     With life in general it's common for people to try and fill themselves with superficial and temporary things to Band-Aid the real issues going on under the surface. Making them feel OK temporarily, but Band-Aids don't fix bullet holes. They just conceal them. What really helps heal a broken heart is exposing those insecurities and weaknesses that you have, and to face them head on. This will allow you to come back stronger and more emotionally fit for the next relationship. 
     Always remember to live now in the moment and to know the greatness that lies inside of you. Thanks, and will talk soon!

     

No comments:

Post a Comment